Thursday, August 10, 2006

They call the wind..

My husband has an irrational fear of wind….. He swears that on a family vacation to California the wind was going to blow him off the pier.. and people I have seen the video… there he was .. with his cute mullet on the pier trying to avoid dive-bombing seagulls and terrified that he will at any moment be blown off the pier into the ocean …oh my god .. that had me in tears …. What a great first date movie
He also swears up and down that one time when he was younger on his way home the wind was blowing so hard that he had to hold on to the grass and crawl his way home and hide under his stuffed animal pile until the wind stopped …
Then there is the Yellowstone story.. he was at the canyon at the lookout point by the falls and the wind was blowing so hard that he was white knuckling it to the railing because the wind was going to suck him off into the huge canyon..
I truly believe that this all stems from an incident when he was 4 or 5 years old and was playing bucking bronco .. (for all that don’t know what that is … you get down on all fours and flip around like a bucking bull) anyhow he had been doing this for oh’ about an hour or so and his mother came into the house and he was freaking out because the walls were falling on him and he was delusional from all the spinning. His wonderful mother (love ya Wendy) just looked at him and ran out of the house.. because god damned if she was going to be possessed also !!
P.S. . They call the wind Mariah
Love you hunny


4 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

hahaha! poor fella.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger chollyson said...

Poor Ryan!

That family sure is filled with some crazy, fear-filled, folks.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger kona daze said...

First of all, the seagulls were trying to eat me! And there were Gale force winds that were forcing me into the abyss. Secondly, when you are 5 years old and you wiegh under 50 pounds a 75 mile an hour wind forces you to crawl, holding on for dear life! And lastly, just so all know, the park service at yellowstone was performing a rescue operation for a small boy whom had been blown off the cliff on the other sideof the canyon!

And yes, I still don't enjoy the wind! Thanks Babe!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Ro said...

I can verify that the rescue of a small boy was happening at the time my Dad was trying to get us to look at the big Yellowstone falls. Scared the hell out of me, too. :) But, I guess you all figured that much.

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script