Monday, September 04, 2006

Logan

Ry and I took a road trip Friday just to get away from the city for a day. We ended up staying the night in Logan. What an odd town… … We ended up eating at “Logan’s finest” restaurant and they brought out sodas to us IN THE 20oz bottles with fancy wine glasses ( we had a great laugh about that one) I ordered the chicken parmesan and Ry ordered the prime rib. About 7 bites into my meal I noticed the texture of my chicken was not right.. so I had to investigate … YEP my chicken was raw in the middle ….. YUCK ..So the waiter ..( and I do have to say that he was the BEST waiter that I have EVER had by the way .. maybe they raise them well in Logan??) Offered me a fully cooked replacement .. but at that point I was not into giving salmonella another try.. so he gave me desert.. Apple oatmeal crisp with Hagan das cinnamon ice cream .. ohh yaa ..that made it all better..
After dinner we drove around Logan for a bit.. here is the deal .. I LOVE small towns but .. Logan is a very odd place .. Everything is closed (people it is Friday night) so we headed out of the city and up the mountain and this is where I discovered that I have a love for old barns…. I am going to drive all of Utah and take as many pictures of these barns as I can.. I LOVE EM… some of them look like they are held together by termites holding hands… SO we drove and took a few pictures.. and went back to our room (which SUCKED) why oh why do the hallways smell like old men and body odor?? But it was just a place to sleep ..



the next morning we decide to drive up to bear lake … I LOVE road trips.. We spent some time at the lake .. then drove down the canyon home… All in all we had some great alone time and it was nice to get away!


2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger chollyson said...

Why would you voluntarily go to Logan? Why would you do something like that?

Why? WHY?

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would love my grandma's old barn and Spring City one day if you get a wild hair we will have to go!

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script