Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Please refrain from singing …

First let me say …..
I love you mom for naming me what you did however, maybe you thought that I would grow up to be polite??

So here is the deal … When 80 % (very precise numbers here) of the people that meet me for the first time feel compelled to say one of the two things :

#1 “Hey…Have you seen the movie Paint Your Wagon?” then they proceed to sing to me “They call the wind Mariah”

(For the 4% of you out there that don’t know the lyrics.. here is a little snippet for you)

Away out here they got a name
For rain and wind and fire
The rain is Tess, the fire Joe,
And they call the wind Mariah

Dear god… Ok so this freaks me out a little.. Complete strangers singing to me …
PLEASE DO NOT SING TO ME EVER !!!

What if my name was Sharona ??
Then would you sing me that song also??

Also I get this “Hey.. Did you know that you are named after a song”?
Oh my god really ?????? And they also will sing it to me…Because just incase I have NEVER EVER heard it in my 29 years of living ..
And the worst part is that they think that they are the very first human being on the face of this earth that has said (sung) that to me. And in a way I think that they feel like they are doing me a service so that I know where my name came from blah blah blah …


#2 I get this one all the time “Oh Mariah… like Mariah Carey?”
And the very worst is when they laugh like “oh my ... I made a funny woo hoo everyone look at me”. !!!!
Ohh I want to gouge there eyes out !!! What is wrong with these people ?? So if your name is George.. Do I get to say “like ..of the jungle”? Or what if your name is Dick? Do I get to say “ ha ha like cock”?

Here is a bit of FREE advice .. Try saying this ....
“ Nice to meet you Mariah” and then shut the hell up …there is an idea for ya !!!

This needs to stop Immediately !! Because I missed out on the whole politeness lesson in life and this is the exact reason that half the people that meet me for the first time think that I am a total bitch…


3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ro said...

Dude! You DO have mad skillz with the linkage! Good work! And I promise, never to sing to you about your name. :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger chollyson said...

Just ask Mandy how she feels about her name? There are many songs with that name in it too.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger kona daze said...

I wish I was cool as you and had a name that there are songs describing the meaning. I am going to have to watch Paint Your Wagon just to hear that now!

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script