Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Shut up and read....

Ok so I am reading this book …After Harry Potter was discovered and read by me and my daughter …
I have found a love for children/teen books

They are great and they also are a good way to get out of the reading “rut” that I seem to get into

I have tried to join “book clubs” and have read a few of Oprah’s books but they:

1. Suck
2. Are too depressing
3. Are too boring
4. Are the same story told a different way

Avid readers have this problem.. you see I like all kinds of books and I mostly like mysteries.. but after you read so many they all begin to sound the same but with different characters.

My friend called me the other day (There is nothing better than going to the book store with her and sitting for HOURS just talking and reading the backs of books the only down fall is I blow 100.00)

Anyhow she called and she said that she was reading THE BEST BOOK and that she can’t put it down … on and on .. so what do I do ?? I go and buy it and now I just want to finish the book I am reading now so that I can read this one …

Also I am going to read Leven Thumps .. the only reason why is that my neighbor gave my daughter autographed copies of books one and two.
Let me tell you I have never seen my daughter so damn excited!! Must be good ??

Anyone else know of any great books out there and would like to share ???

A appendixless gal would love to hear about em’



3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

You definitely want to go to see Crankster. His blog is: http://cranky-bastard.blogspot.com/

He's an English prof at Virginia Tech, and recommends books to all the folks into literature. Me, I do Finance, Statistics, and Information systems. Pretty useless, eh. Oh, and sex. But Crankster does sex too! We're guys

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger chollyson said...

I would totally recommend some books but I like the Oprah book club ones so you might not like them too much.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

I joined a book club. We called ourselves the Over Due Book Club. We thought that made us sound cool. We met at bars. We changed our name to the Over Due Booze Club.

We haven't read a book in ages.

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script