Monday, December 11, 2006

Just another day at the laundromat

I had to go to the laundromat last weekend to wash some blankets.. Every time that I go to the laundromat I get this funny feeling that I am the only semi-normal person there.

The laundromat was packed . I went in put my blankets in the giant washers then went outside to read my book in peace as there was maple syrup smelling children running all over the place touching everything.

Just as my blankets were almost done washing I went in and realized that there was a small dilemma.. EVERY last dryer was taken up. Damn …

So I put my blankets in one of those wheelie thingies and stood by the dryers like an eager kid waiting for an ice cream cone.

As I was standing there, I noticed this man that was standing in front of a row of washers
He had two wheelie baskets over flowing with clothes.

As he was sorting his clothes, this was his system.

1- pick up a pair of pants, turn them inside out, smell the crotch then either fold them up and stack them in the “semi clean pile” that can be re-worn. Or put them in a washer.

2- repeat with shirts .. turn it inside out .. smell.. and either wash or fold.

3- repeat with socks.. (but he did not turn these inside out) wash or fold

4- Repeat with his underwear.. YES he did this Turn INSIDE out SMELL them and either wash or fold.. WHAT THE HELL ???

It took everything I had not to walk up to him and ask … “So if your underwear smells just a little like ass then do you put them in the clean pile??”

I could not bring my eyes away from this event.
I looked around the laundromat for just a second and EVERY single eye was on this fellow who was smelling and sorting his dirty/semi clean clothes.

I watched him until I threw up a little in my mouth. Then I had to look away.

One of my first jobs was working at the very same laundromat for 2 years and I had never seen anyone sort clothes this way..

These are the times that I wish that I had my camcorder..
that way I could have posted it for your viewing pleasure..


4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger chollyson said...

LOL! A little like ass...

Love that.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

I think we would all have thrown up in our mouths a little bit if you had your camcorder!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

I have solved the laundry problem. I just buy new clothes when mine are smelly.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

I think you were kind to the man, he might have escaped from an asylum and they were just waiting for him to finish his clothes. People just don't realize what a sweetheart you really are.

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script