Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Make your bed


We went out to dinner with my great aunt the other night and after dinner, we all sat around telling stories about our childhood ..
My grandma had 2 sisters and only the oldest is still living. Grandma’s youngest sister was a funny lady, grandma was the prim and proper middle sister and her oldest sister was and still is the boss.
My great aunt told a story about how when they were growing up, they only had 2 bedrooms (one for mom and dad and one for the three girls) the girls would rotate every week.. two would sleep in the bedroom and one would sleep on the fold out bed in the living room. It was the younger sisters week to sleep in the living room.. younger sister was not the cleanest and one morning mom got very angry with her and told her to make the bed and fold it up. Younger sister started jumping on the pull out bed....... After throwing her small but to the point fit, she hurriedly made the bed and went to school. The week went on as usual.. THREE days later, when the girls got home from school mom asked the girls what that smell was … everyone looked at baby sister as she was the trouble maker and for sure it had to be something that she had done. After searching the house they came to the fold out bed in the living room. There folded up in the bed was the pet cat. Younger sister was never scolded for not making her bed again
Moral of the story ….. no need to make your bed, you are just going to get back in it …and keep an eye on the cat !!!
Poor damn cat



3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger The CEO said...

Ooooops.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger M@ said...

Yeah, take that! Stupid, mom.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger mist1 said...

I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't because my cat is on my lap staring at the screen. He would like me to express how offended he is by this story. I didn't even know he could read.

I will never make my bed again.

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script