Tuesday, May 29, 2007

And I made it home….

I made it out alive !! Surgery went well. I was unfortunately cut from hip to hip to discover a hematoma and adhesions on my lower intestine. The good news is that I got a mini tummy tuck.. the doctor cut two and a half inches of skin out of my stomach. Thank you Doctor !! I spent 2 nights in the hospital and was a pretty good patient. It is damn hard to get rest in the hospital when every hour some random nurse comes in to check vital signs, give antibiotics, more fluids, and take blood. Hubby was like always an amazing man and came and spent hours and hours with me in the hospital. I came home Thursday very sleepy and sore. The ride home from the hospital was a bitch. Where is my Cadillac when I need it? Most of my days are spent in bed.. however, today I felt good enough to sit on the patio with the lap top and watch the kids swim !! How badly I want to get in and enjoy the water with them. I hope that in a few weeks I will be able to. I am off work as per the doctor’s orders for 6 weeks. No vacuuming, laundry, lifting, anything not even driving for another week. Hopefully this is that last surgery until I get my knees replaced when I am in my 70’s


12 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

Welcome home! So glad you're doing better... now where do I sign up for a tummy tuck?

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

Welcome back, I was just asking about you. I'm glad you're doing well! When's the party?

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger othurme said...

I'm glad it's over. I hope they gave you the good pain killers.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Glad to hear you are okay, and got a tummy tuck to boot!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger M@ said...

Those knees don't need replacing now?

;)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger James Lindsay said...

Glad you're on the mend, MJ. Welcome back.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Robin said...

glad your surgery went well...get plenty of rest.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger M@ said...

Hope all is well.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

So, are you okay?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger velvet said...

I hope all's well. At least you got a tummy tuck out of the deal.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger M@ said...

You okay?

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script