Thursday, August 02, 2007

Say Cheese



My sister-in-law got married yesterday and after about 10,000 photos I have discovered a few things about myself :

I do not do a good “on demand smile.” Make me laugh or just be accepting of my serious face.
In most of the pictures that were taken of me yesterday, I look angry..However I did not feel angry or upset at all.. I wonder if I look angry all the time??
Maybe I should practice my on demand smile in the mirror every day until I perfect it… My sister-in-law has a fantastic “on demand ” smile and I am super jealous of it.

I like to take pictures of random things ...Like my foot, the back of my husband’s head, ( he has a great head) and random peoples shoes and clothes.

I am not good at self portraits we tried a few yesterday and for some unknown reason my chin/neck rolls up and gets all camera shy making me look like I have some serious neck deformity.. NOT GOOD.. Self portraits are not for me.

As for the wedding it’s self it was fun and exhausting at the same time…. I try to stay away from wedding and the receptions because I do not particularly enjoy them. However I did have a good time yesterday. It all just seems so overwhelming, and exhausting.

I did not get married the traditional Utah way… there was no temple wedding, no reception, no big fancy wedding dress, no wedding gifts, No reception … I am not complaining AT ALL .. just saying that it was not traditional.

My wedding day in a nut shell …..


Woke up to lipstick words on the bathroom Mirror….


MJ, Will you marry me today?


I told (fiancé at the time) sure..


Then I went to work


Later on that day fiancé called me and told me that I needed to come home we were getting

married in 2 hours.


Came home.. went to the court house.. Had to randomly find two people to be our witnesses .. and then got married… A few days later we called the family and told them that we had gotten married :) ( and no it was not a shotgun marriage)

No fuss, No stress, No bankruptcy, Easy and relaxing.

MY ONLY REGRET

We have no wedding pictures
I have decided that on our 10th wedding anniversary hubby and I are taking a trip to Hawaii, renewing our vows and I am hiring a professional photographer to take 10,000 pictures..
Maybe I will have my “on demand ” smile perfected by then…..


7 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger M@ said...

MJ,

You just reminded me of an old couple in Vermont. When the man died, the woman ran a photo of the back of his head w/ his obituary in the newspaper.

"Frank was always a bit of a jokester," she explained.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger tine said...

hi MJ I saw your comment on another blog, and strolled by here today to see who you were..just read your blog from March up till today. Admiration and respect for your illness story and way of dealing with it. Can't even imagine, but man, you're strong, you must be for surviving and still having it together. Happy to see you're better(?) and moving on, it's been quite touching to read about these months/years of your life.
I love the marriage story, I got married in secrecy too, we just thought it was a private thing.
I also got the NC-17 very recently, is there a better one or what? Where people have to be, like, 40 before they can take it? I even had some seerious words as the reason for my rating; crappy (x1), dangerous (x6), pain (x13).
Cheers, thanks for your blog

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger chollyson said...

And where on these 10,000 pictures you took? I would like to peruse the please. :)

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Ro said...

My sister does have the best "on-demand" smile of ALL time. :)

I want to make sure that we are invited to the renewal ceremony. Seeing as how I missed out on it, too.

You and Ryan looked so great yesterday!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

You won't need an "on demand" smile in Hawaii for your anniversary!!! You won't be able to stop grinning if they tell you to.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

If you renew your vows in Hawaii, ask Mist to re-write them for you. You won't stop laughing.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger velvet said...

Yours sounds like a great wedding day to me! Shame that you didn't hop into a photo booth for some "wedding photos". Having a photographer take some anniversary photos sounds like a great idea. :)

My sister-in-law has a good "on demand smile", too. The funny thing is that she always flashes a smile in photos, yet rarely smiles at all in life because she's generally stressed or unhappy. Looking at her pictures, though, she looks like the happiest person in the universe. It's like false advertising. ;)

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script