Monday, August 13, 2007

There is hope



When my son was 8, I noticed that he had a hard time putting his shoulders back and standing up straight . I took him to the doctor and they said that he is just an adolescent and he will have better posture when he gets older (fuckin’ doctors) a year later as his back got worse.. I took him back to the doctor and demanded that he have an x-ray of his spine.


Two days later the doctor called me and told me that my son had :

1. Scoliosis (side-to-side spinal curve)
2. Lordosis (Too much lordotic curving is called swayback)
3. Kyphosis (tends to make the buttocks appear more prominent and an exaggerated rounding to the back)

So what this all means is that my sons spine is fucked up in all three possible ways.
The doctors are reluctant to help, the hospitals are reluctant to help. It seems that everyone is reluctant to help.

It takes two hands to count how many times the school nurse has called me in a panic notifying me that my son has Scoliosis.

have been looking and looking for someone for some place that will help my son. I do not want him to be in pain anymore and the bigger he grows the more pain full it is.

Alas I found a specialty hospital that is close to home and looked promising!!! (thank you to the 7th grade school nurse… you were an amazing asset and I would not have been able to find help without you!!! )

After 4 months of trying to get my son seen at this specialty hospital…..After submitting piles and piles of paperwork…….

I got the call today

*Yes my son qualifies for their services

*Oh and they are 4 months out on new patient appointments ……………………….However, they had a cancellation and can see him next week… Are you shitting me ??

As I type this I have tears in my eyes… I am so happy that he will be getting some help so that he can be a healthy happy kid !!!

Holly shit !!! This has totally made my day



8 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger chollyson said...

Oh my God! You weren't kidding, this really is good news!!

I am so happy about this. I can only imagine how much better he is going to feel. Good job Mom!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ro said...

Excellent news! I am so happy for you guys.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

Positive Mental Attitude. Means you never give up. Proud of you. And the best is yet to come, I have a spine guy here. Just saying.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger M@ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger M@ said...

Good news, MJ!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger WanderingGirl said...

Good job sticking with it! Sometimes the system can suck, and sometimes it give you a helping hand. Good luck to you and your boy!!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Echomouse said...

Yayyy!!! I'm really glad he's getting help soon.

If it helps you, I had a friend in public school who was diagnosed with scoliosis. This was back in the late 1970's. I don't know what the treatment is today, but my friend, she had to wear a back brace for a year or two. At the time, she was horrified. But she did it. And today, she is healthy as a horse, runs marathons, is very active and has no back problems. This will turn out okay for your son :)

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ecstatic for you, jumping up and down, screaming yeah with you, and I don't even know you. But I'm still cheering for you and your son!!!!

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script