Friday, February 08, 2008

Immediate medical attention may be required

Yesterday when my daughter came through the door holding her side.. I asked her what happened........She told me in her most dramatic voice.. about how she was walking down the sidewalk and slipped on some ice.. and owwww !!!! it hurts sooooo bad…. and my kneeeeee too …. and MOM!!! .. it was awful.. and mom I felt so embarrassed.. LOOK at it MOM !!! It HURTS … NOOOOOOOOO don’t touch it !!!

After I assured her that her wound would NOT require tweezers, hydrogen peroxide, or surgery … I looked her over… just a little sidewalk rash.. no bleeding .. a scrape on the surface of the skin..


!!!MOM!!! It hurts …. What are we going do???

I used my sure fire reply… “Go put some Neosporin on it”

Off she went … to apply copious amounts of Neosporin to her major injury…


About 15 minutes later.. she comes in to tell me good night as I am hugging her.. I can feel that she is um.. I guess bulky? Around her waist…

I ask.. how is your injury? Are you going to be okay ?

Yes mom, I put a bandage on it and it is really helping my side feel better.. see look …..



When a regular old band aid won’t cut it…

So a big Thank you to the makers of ACE bandages….you saved the night … if it was not for the ACE… all hell could have broken loose.....


5 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Ro said...

Poor little birthday girl! :)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Echomouse said...

lol Thank God you were prepared!!!!

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger M@ said...

I'm sure this will require follow-up care in about another week, never mind the chronic pain.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger The CEO said...

I am always surprised at the breadth of your knowledge and experience.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good old Ace Bandage and Neosporin!!

 

Post a Comment



ABOUT ME
Photobucket
MJ

I am me .. that is all there is to it.

I am Fun, Pushy, Unpredictable, Vain, Confident, Expressive, Patronizing, Pompous, Bossy, Courageous, Romantic, Dramatic, Loyal, Determined, Lofty, Stubborn and Exhausted!!

Read at your own risk and Love it!

MJ


BLOGROLL Miss Doxie
Jurgen Nation
The Art of Time Suckage
The Morning Meeting
Certifiable Princess
Chollyson
Amalah
Animal Mind
Much a do about sumthin
Alan thinks
Tiny Voices in my head
My reflecting pool
Weapon of mass instruction

MJ ARCHIVES

MJ

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from adayinthewind. Make your own badge here.


hit counter script